Let Kids Be Kids is a diverse group of people of different ages, orientations and family circumstances. Many of us are parents and grandparents. We have come together due to our shared concern about proposed changes to Sex Education in Irish schools.
Let Kids Be Kids is a grassroots organisation. We have no religious or political affiliation. We receive no external funding.
We share the common conviction that children should be allowed to be children for as long as possible. We believe that the premature sexualisation of children should be prevented not facilitated.
Our aims include:
- to inform parents about potential changes to Sex Education which could be coming to all Irish schools.
- to campaign for schools to maintain the right to teach Sex Education in accordance with their specific ethos, whether denominational, inter-denominational or non-denominational/secular.
- to inform parents of their rights under the Education Act 1998 to withdraw their children from instruction in any subject which is contrary to the conscience of the parent.
- to ensure that any changes to the RSE curriculum do not reinforce sexist stereotypes.
- to encourage and support concerned parents nationwide to arrange Public Meetings in their own local area. These meetings will raise awareness and encourage discussion about the potential changes to Sex Education in all Irish schools.
If you would like to learn more or get involved with our campaigning, please send us a message using our contact form.